Join the Federal Trade Commission on October 16 at 11:00 am PT for “Fighting Consumer Fraud and Identity Theft in Northern California,” a free, one-hour webinar.
You'll learn about:
- The top scams reported in Northern California
- Tips to help people recognize and avoid scams
- Free resources you can use to help people in your communities protect their identity and report identity theft
Speakers will include staff from the:
- Federal Trade Commission
- Office of the California Attorney General
- Sacramento County District Attorney’s Office
- Better Business Bureau of Los Angeles and Silicon Valley
- Legal Services of Northern California
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
To participate in the webinar:
- First, join the webinar online at https://ftc.webex.com/ftc/onstage/g.php?MTID=ec4a584d65022741a636aeaac68c803b4.
- Then call 1-800-230-1059 and use the access code 470752. You must call to hear the webinar.
- If you have trouble accessing the WebEx webinar, choose the option to run a temporary application. You also can download the presentation at Consumer.gov/StateWebinars. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Please share this webinar invitation with others who are interested in fighting fraud and identity theft in Northern California. Let them know they can sign up to get email updates about the webinar.